Of all the places we go, College Station and Bryan, Texas would HAVE to be some of our favorites. Even though it’s only a 2 hour drive, it’s easy, and fun. College Station has all the things you would want from a “big town” yet it’s easy to get around in, and safe, and so it’s the perfect spot.
Fun fact: Brandon and Rachel met in College Station, at the All American in 2009. So we always love visiting there.
Here are some of our tips for visiting College Station when you’re going places like the Beef Cattle Short Course, Kickoff Classic, conferences at Texas A&M, Aggie football games, or more.
Where to Stay:
- The Stella – This is our tried and true go-to. It recently changed ownership to Marriott which I have found to be a plus. Great restaurant. GREAT pool. Great for kids. Very close to the Brazos County Expo Center and to Texas A&M.
- Embassy Suites – This is a new hotel and it’s also great. We stay here a lot on Capital Farm Credit activities. The rooms are very spacious. Located on University drive so it’s right in the hub of the city and easy to get in and out. Parking will be in a parking garage.
- The George – We have stayed here once, during Christmas, when we were looking to try something a little different. We liked it good too, but it is a larger hotel and you do have to walk fairly far to get to your rooms from the lobby.
Where to Eat:
- When we’re looking for fine dining, since we are ranchers, of course we want a steakhouse! We love The Republic and Porters. We have been pretty loyal Republic patrons, but the last two times we went the meal took about 2 hours start to finish, and since we have kids, that is a bit long for us. So, we tried Porters, and we loved it. The menu at Porter’s isn’t quite as good as The Republic in my opinion. But, it was still a good steak and great service.
- Casa Do Brazil – I know, I know, don’t laugh. This is NOT your typical Brazilian steakhouse. This one is so good, so fresh. We love it. We love a chance to go here.
- For casual dining, here are a few of our favorites: Dixie Chicken for lunch, Torchy’s Tacos, Outback Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, Blaze Pizza, and Wing’s and More.
Fun Things To Do:
- The list is endless! We always love a visit to Aggieland Outfitters for new Aggie t-shirts.
- The Stella pool is a great place to hang out.
- Post Oak Mall – Ummm, not so much. I mean, we go there pretty much every trip but it’s not that great.
- Crumbl Cookies
- MSC Opas
- Northgate (During the day with kids)
All in all, this is a great place to spend a few days and we always love a good visit to Texas A&M University.