HOURS: Expected 20 hours per week
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
We are looking for a part time accounting assistant to work with approximately 6 family-owned businesses primarily to assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, bookkeeping, data analysis and financial reporting. Preference is given to candidates who can work mornings, and work out of our Wharton office. Candidates must pass a criminal background check.
- Maintain inventory for cattle ranching business
- Create financial reports on profit and loss for various business entities
- Create budgets for projects and events
- Submit expense reports for projects
- Run weekly sales reports for multiple business units
- Provide weekly financial reporting for multiple business units
- Accounts payable data entry in Quickbooks Online
- Accounts receivable data entry in Quickbooks Online
- Printing checks
- Making deposits
- Entering credit card expense reports
- Assist with payroll related activities for 3 businesses
- Assist with payroll and HR activities for approximately 20 employees
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Excel
- Knowledge of Excel functions required for financial analysis
- Accounting knowledge
- Focus on data analysis and financial reporting
- Self starter who can execute responsibilities with little to no supervision
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Quickbooks Online
- Google Docs / Sheets (similar to Word/Excel)
- Mac computer
- Competent in web browsers and Google
- Calendar (Apple Calendar / iPhone Calendar)
PREFERRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Preference given to applicants with B.S, or associate degree. High school diploma required.
- Preference given to candidates who can work in our Wharton, Texas office. Remote candidates will be considered. If applying as a remote applicant, must be able to master the Basecamp software to retain employment.
- We are a fast paced, multi-tasking office that works with numerous clients and projects simultaneously.
- Most of our communication is email or text based so proficiency in both of these is required.
- Learn more about our brands here:
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.