BRC Ranch Headquarters
Show Barn and Heifer Sale Pens
10406 FM 1301 | Boling, Texas
Located on the main highway from Wharton to Boling approximately 9 miles from Wharton.
BRC Bull Development Center
7500 FM 1096 North | Boling, Texas
This is located in the little town of Iago and approximately 2 miles from our headquarters.
BRC Business Office
1730 North Richmond | Wharton, TX 77488
The BRC Brahman Team at Your Service
Want to visit BRC?
The Cutrer Family
Meet Brandon and Rachel Cutrer, owners of B.R. Cutrer, Inc. Created out of a need for ranch generational change-over, B.R. Cutrer, Inc. was formed in the fall of 2019. Brandon and Rachel are blazing a new trail as the next generation of Brahman excellence, based on family heritage and bloodlines that have been pioneers in the Brahman breed for over a century.
The Cutrers run their Brahman herd with “old school” cattle knowledge combined with a fire for breed improvement. Learning from their mentors, the couple holds practical beef production methods dear. They understand that it’s these very methods, and the generosity of others, that helped create the champion cattle of their herd's foundation bloodlines and set the course for their herd today. These are values they readily share with others.
- Originally from Mississippi, served as president of Mississippi Junior Cattlemen's Assn. and on the American Junior Brahman Association board as a youth.
- Worked at J-S Genetics in Louisiana throughout college, including showing "Redneck" - their famed World Brahman Congress and Houston show winner.
- Was the herdsman of Mississippi State University's beef cattle program when he and Rachel first met, at the All American Junior National Brahman Show.
- Progressively led innovative programs in performance and carcass improvement at V8 Ranch, his wife's grandfather's ranch, from 2010 to 2019.
- Currently serves as an executive committee member of the American Brahman Breeders Association
- Is known for his love of Brahman performance programs, but is also the breeder of the 2016, 2017, and 2019 Houston Grand Champion Females, and the breeder of Mr. V8 458/7 "Noble" - ranked as one of the most popular Brahman bulls of the world currently.
- Is an ABBA approved judge and judged Brahman cattle in the United States, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Colombia.
- Born and raised on V8 Ranch, which is owned by Rachel's grandparents Sloan and Mollie Williams. Rachel was part of this ranch until the fall of 2019, thus the reason many of our cattle carry a V8 brand.
- At age 11, Rachel showed the International Grand Champion Female at Houston open show with Miss V8 725/3. She won six “All American” Grand Champion Grey Female awards and two AJBA national showmanship championships. She also was national champion showman in the Shorthorn breed.
- Holds a B.S. in Animal Science from Texas A&M University and a M.S. from Michigan State University
- Is the owner and founder of Ranch House Designs, Inc., the world's leading livestock advertising agency.
- Has judged the junior national showmanship contest for 7 national U.S. beef breeds: Santa Gertrudis, Braunvieh, Angus, Maine Anjou, and Brangus. She also judged Shorthorn and Hereford junior national showmanship as a team judge with Brandon.
- Loves visiting Brahman ranches in Central America and South America.
- Owned the Reserve Grand Champion Female at Houston as a 4 year old.
- Identified and named the famed Miss V8 21/8 "Boom Shaka Laka" while she was just a calf alongside her mother.
- Began showing Brahmans in 2019 and was the 2nd High Point All Around Novice at the 2019 AJBA All American
- Created "Girls Ranch Camp" in 2019 to teach local girls about ranching.
- Maintains a You Tube Channel, Instagram, and lifestyle brand of Peace.Love.Cattle.
- Loves working with her dad and being around cattle. Loves supporting her sister at junior shows.
- In her words, is "tough" and isn't scared of anything.
- Assists with Brahman Country Beef especially with filling orders during Beef Week pickups.
Propelling the Brahman Breed
The Cutrer's aren't ones to rest on their laurels - they're propelling the Brahman breed to new heights.Read below about some of the "firsts" initiated by the Cutrer family:
- The first Brahman herd to incorporate genomic EPDs in their herd.
- The first two economic indexes of the Brahman breed.
- The first 100% Brahman retail beef program in the USA
- Brandon and Rachel are the first and only husband and wife team to serve simultaneously on the ABBA board of directors.
The BRC Power Rating
Brahman beef retail opportunities
Through Brahman Country Beef, Brandon and Rachel Cutrer created the USA’s first 100% purebred Brahman retail branded beef program. Brahman Country Beef is sold nationwide and has created extra value in Brahman beef cuts and marketing options for their customers.